Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Muscle memory

Clearly my muscles have a better memory than my brain, first run in a year and it felt like I'd never stopped.  The last three years have been busy, buying a house and having two kids, perhaps that active lifestyle really counts for something.  Anyway, I turn 40 in August, feels weird to say that 'out loud' and while I don't care, I am thinking that I might start to care, so, I id the only rational thing and signed up for a 50k around the mountains of Lake Tahoe in California on the day I turn 40, and I've told everyone about it. So now I have to train! My altering motive and probably an inevitability is that I enter my 40s in the best shape of my life.  My oldest son Oliver will be 3 and I want to always be an inspiration to him and Julien who will be 1, and show them that anything is possible if you want it and put effort in.  Parenting alone can be very physically demanding too, I don't want my boys ever disappointed coz their old man can't keep up... What better motivation is there?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment