Sunday, September 19, 2010

RUN 194 - Race day anxiety

I love race day, the thrill of the challenge, looking forward to discovering how much I can achieve under the organized pressure against myself and other competitors. It's always an exciting morning, but slightly nervous too, and I'm certainly not the easiest person to be around at that time... Races start early and there's lots to do on those mornings. I'm massively fortunate to have people who love a d support me, and put up with my anxiousness, wish me well, then cheer me across the line, hours later. I can't thank you enough! My first  race in a month or more, (The inaugural Farnham Pilgrim Half Marathon) and my first run over 5 miles in a month since my back pain, I was extra anxious to say the least... I also didn't pick the easiest course to ease my way back in, multi terrain, lots of undulation, some bigger hills and lots of deep sandy bridal ways! My goal was to finish in under 2hrs which I did, and I placed 87 out of about 400, 35th in my age group, not bad all things considered...  and best of all, no back pain!


    [Running up that hill...]
    

No comments:

Post a Comment