Wednesday, May 19, 2010

RUN 168 - Thames path rediscovered & navigating life's path

Life's journey along this random path of opportunity never ceases to amaze me, patience and in the worlds natural way of righting itself is a difficult thing to live with, but pays dividends in the end. You can never know what might lie in your path around the next bend, good or bad, its how we deal with whats presented to us and having faith ourselves to overcome and move towards the upswing. Running can often be the same, especially in a distance race. My next coastal marathon is this weekend, today's run was beautifully sunny but hotter than I'd prefer. Dealing with that extra factor will elevate what is already a significant challenge, but i have faith in my ability, both mental and physical. I've never finished a race or a run feeling worse than when i started, i know what pain to expect, and i know my wife and parents will be there to pretend I'm looking great even if I'm not, and they'll never tell me i can't do it, and I'll never give up. That feeling of confidence, justified by past performance is a powerful motivator. [3.46m - 28:20 : 08:11/m]

[Bridge carrying the Tube south over the Thames]

No comments:

Post a Comment