Monday, September 7, 2009

RUN 63

My wife often tells me to go running, especially if we have work to do together, she can sense I'm anxious, thinking about when I'll run that day, it helps me... but i wonder, replace the running for something less positive, and i realize I'm describing an addict... does that matter? i suppose the word has developed negative connotations which don't apply here, i have definitely developed the need to run daily. I suppose it is partly a chemical addiction if the endorphin release theory of the runner's high is true, but even if it isn't the placebo effect remains, and i know I'll feel better after running. So yes, I'm an addict... and proud of it.

1 comment:

  1. Rich, thanks for the link on the "Runner's High." I thought I had experienced it around mile 3 of a 6.5 mile run the other day, but I actually think it was something else. Maybe what he's saying about the lightheaded feeling when you go "anaerobic."

    Have you experienced it?

    ReplyDelete