Tuesday, February 1, 2011

RUN 223 - Routine Commitment

After 5 coastal marathons in a little over a year I feel the need to find a new challenge, I love the rhythm of off road running, the variation in pace and the muscle control required to navigate undulating unsteady terrain is both challenging and satisfying. By comparison it makes road running almost monotonous, city street running still requires concentration and dodging pedestrians, which breaks up the rhythm, I'm not sure how I feel about returning to traditional marathoning. However I do want to work on my pace and finish time, my recent marathons and shorter road races indicate a 3-3.5hr finish time is possible, which I'd love to work towards... I
think I'm going to look for a autumn road marathon and in the meantime get back to my road roots and half marathon speed work  [7m - 1:01:34]



[The slow walk to stretch out at the end]
.

No comments:

Post a Comment