Saturday, February 19, 2011

RUN 229 - R&R along the Thames path to Battersea Park

Sometimes everything just works out perfectly, today was absolutely one of those days; a gentle breeze, cool air, slightly drizzly but not raining, just enough to keep the fair weather walkers and runners off the Thames path, but to top it all my wife decided to get out her bike and join me for an hour or two! running has always been a quite selfish indulgent pastime for me, one which is mine to enjoy and explore and reflect, to give me balance.  My running isn't about physical fitness; i'm not the fastest, or most efficient, and certainly don't follow a strict runners diet, but i enjoy every step i take, its never a chore, i allow myself to enjoy and experience the places it takes me, even the smallest details of perhaps the most seemingly mundane place.  Its a wonderful chance to observe the places we live and visit and be part of them.  But to share these beautiful places and moments of chance encounter with the woman i love are an even greater joy.



[Flowers blooming in Battersea Park]

No comments:

Post a Comment