Thursday, December 24, 2009

RUN 114 - Wintry Christmas eve

Having lived in Chicago for the last 6 years, snow and ice is not as exciting for me as my fellow countrymen and women, but i am pleased to be able to run and train in a variety of surfaces, so my Christmas eve run was really enjoyable today. This town doesn't have quite the drama of Chicago's Lake Michigan, but add a blanket of snow and its really quite beautiful. Ive always enjoyed varying weather conditions, they do so much to make every run interesting and varied. Not only the scenery but the terrain and challenges to a runner, especially cross country. My next marathon is on the island of Portland on the South coast of England, at the end of January its possible the weather could still be quite wintry so being able to prepare for all conditions is really important to me. [3.4m - 30:35 - 08:59/m]

[English Countryside, north Bristol]

No comments:

Post a Comment