Monday, April 12, 2010

RUN 158 - Easy run on the Thames path to Richmond

I picked up a chesty cold last week, sinus's were all blocked up too, so i didn't run. Its painful not to, but i know from experience that for me personally its better to force myself to take the break and come back running healthy rather than continuing to run at 50% and risk making myself sicker. Especially as my next race is two weeks away, i got a couple of 20+ mile runs in, and I'm ready to taper, although i quite often feel like I'm not trying hard enough, the consistency of my mile pace over long distances is improving a lot, which says otherwise. 10 miles today takes me to Richmond and back along the Thames path. Those 5 miles from Chiswick going west are mostly paved or some light gravel, past 5 miles, the path is back to grassy mud; just as it is for about 3 miles east of Chiswick into the city. I think I'm going to plan my long runs for May's Exmoor marathon a little more carefully and take a train out of the city, looking for some more challenging training grounds. [10.07m - 01:22:31 - 08:11/m]

[Flood water from the Thames, Kew Gardens beyond]

No comments:

Post a Comment