Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RUN 162 - Acton Green Common & Carb Loading

Another beautiful day in London, perfect for a light jog around Acton Green Common and back up Chiswick high street, stopped off at the flea market outside Sainsbury's to pick up a few things before heading home. I'm torn in this week before the Cornwall Coastal Marathon, i'm getting more sleep and feel full of energy, the weathers great for running, but i'm 'resting' and loading up on carbs and water, both of which i love. I cut my mileage back by a little more than half in the week before the race, sipping water throughout the day, forcing myself to drink more than i normally do, snacking on fruits, cereals and delicious Cliff bars, which i stocked up on when i was in back in Chicago in February. I'm going to need all the energy i can muster for this race, im finding it harder not to think about my finish times, and wondering what i might be capable of in a road race without 100's or 1000's of feet of elevation change, need to find a flyaway race in September or October! [About 3m - forgot to charge my Garmin]

[Scene of the battle of Turnham Green in 1642]

1 comment:

  1. Like it, a little bit of civil war history before you do battle in the marathon. Good luck

    ReplyDelete