Saturday, April 17, 2010

RUN 161 - Fulham FC, & Ash clouds

The skies are clear, not a single plane in the sky, but no ash cloud visible either! Last long run before next weeks Coastal Trail marathon in Cornwall, its going to be tough and rugged terrain, 1000's of feet of elevation change and; which its been near impossible for me to train for, but i'm feeling confident, strong and fast, fast for me anyway. I need to set a steady pace in the first half and save my energy for the hills of the second half. I look forward to the mental challenge as much as the physical, the chance to prove to myself that i'm capable of doing this. I don't train as hard or as scientifically as i could, i don't want to, i like running, and i want to enjoy every single time i go out, the races provide the drama and chance to test myself. Regardless of everything else in my life, this is entirely down to me and me alone. I'm not racing anyone other than myself. [9.85m - 01:17:37 - 07:52/m]

[A park along the River Thames near Fulham FC]

No comments:

Post a Comment