Tuesday, June 15, 2010

RUN 173 - where are you running; one year on

Well, I seem to have missed my blogs one year anniversary! only by just over a week, so lets just celebrate it today! 170 [ish] posts during that time, you'd think i'd have answered the question by now and can close the book... not likely... its not that i haven't given a variety of reasons where and why i  run, its just that i know there are many more to be discovered.  I ran south towards the river today from Islington, about a mile and a half and caught the river boat to Chelsea Harbor, and then ran home from there, another 5 miles of so... i got a bit lost,and it took longer than i thought, but that isn't the point.  When i did get home, i was so energized, i had the energy and motivation to cook dinner, clean, do laundry, try on the new clothes with my wife which my mother-in-law sent us, eat dinner and shower within an hour of getting home.  I'm sure like me you've come home many times, drained from the struggle to get home by bus, train, sat in traffic and fighting through busy sidewalks.  Running makes me happy, and it makes me a better person to be around... there might not be a better reason than that, but that won't stop me running or blogging... thanks for following and hopefully you can relate to some of these rambling, runner or not. [6.17m - 50:41 - 08:12/m]



[a relaxing mid-run boat ride helps moderate the distance]

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your one year anniversary! Keep up the good work and if running makes you happy continue on!

    ReplyDelete