Friday, July 3, 2009

RUN 24

Chicago's lake shore has 18 miles of running path! and the diversity of runners i share it with always amazes me. Every age, every color, every level of fitness imaginable, all with their own reasons for being there... the path itself offers every surface, pavement, gravel, grass, sand, snow & ice!...it's an amazing resource available to the millions of people i live in this city with. The weather often determines the demographic of runners you might be sharing the trail with, so does the time of day, hard core runners are more often running earlier, later and in all weathers. However i think I've noticed an increase in 'weight loss runners' these people amaze and motivate me, and make me think about 'effort'. As i run by them at my 'half' pace of 7:00m or even marathon pace of 8:24... i wonder how our effort compares, and I'm reminded that determination to succeed, whether your goal is a 1:30:00 half marathon, a sub 4:00:00 marathon, or to loose another 10lbs, has the power to let you achieve anything you set your mind and body too. Running teaches you that quite quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment