Tuesday, July 28, 2009

RUN 41

I've always thought of my running as a very personal private endeavor, free of distraction and confusions of the day. The same is true when racing, even if it's with 40,000 other people; I've only ever trained with one person and I've never joined a training team. That's all because of the pleasure I get from pushing myself, testing my determination to succeed. I realize though that whether I like it or not I'm part of a wider community of runners who are just like me, with many of the same goals, successes and failures... By the midpoint of toady's run I was completely alone running out into the lake on a jetty, by the end I was sprinting the final mile, when a cyclist who looked more like a runner rode by and shouted out encouragement saying "great pace dude!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment