Monday, July 6, 2009

RUN 27

I love days where I'm able to use running as an alternative to driving
or using public transport, I carpooled with my friend today and ran
home from his place downtown. The other thing I love about that is a
run from point "a" to point "b" rather than having to create a round
trip route from home or from work. Although a little longer than my
usual midweek runs, especially after a long run yesterday, it was
definitely a positive workout. Following a busy day at work, and with
some financial juggling to organize mentally, my mind was racing as
much as I was. I've found when I'm so mentally preoccupied my form
and efficiency improves, maybe as I'm distracted and can relax to my
natural rhythm. There's something special about running home too,
knowing that my wife is there waiting for me, thoughts of her
underneath all the other stuff always rise to the top to motivate me.
Just as when I'm racing, knowing she's there at the finish line drives
me forward, supporting each other in our lives endeavours, even if;
especially if those endeavours are individual pursuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment