Sunday, July 5, 2009

RUN 26

Sometimes I don't know how I'm going to feel during or after a run, the amount of sleep I've had, time of day or what I've eaten can effect performance and mental response. Other days like today I know exactly what to expect. 85F+ bright sunshine it was a beautiful day, I had a long run to complete and my wife dropped me on the north side, while she ran errands, I ran home. Its tough for me running in the heat, but it's good practice at discipline; controlling pace, stating hydrated, maintaining good form and controlling my stride, on days like this my mind focuses solely on efficient running form and monitoring my heart rate and hydration. Jumping in the cool lake after those 10 miles and a little over an hour in direct sun, feels amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment