Sunday, July 12, 2009

RUN 29

Each run serves its own purpose, regardless of how long, short, fast or slow it is, or how flat or hilly, rough or smooth the route... there is something to be gained from every step. I think when i first realised this about my running, i began to build greater efficiency and a stronger positive attitude... its been a very long time since i had a "bad run" i think that means I'm getting better at understanding my abilities, the development of my fitness and what my boundaries are. Although the longest race i have scheduled through the summer is half marathon, a distance I'm now very comfortable running anytime; my casual training this year has improved my speed a lot though. Becoming more self aware in running has taught me something about life too. It can only be a good thing, taking the time to regularly stop and check on your lifes value, progress and your contribution to the lives of the people around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment