Wednesday, July 15, 2009

RUN 31

Tonight was the perfect summer evening run, nothing behind me except for the dimming boom of fireworks at navy pier, nothing in front of me but an empty trail and the faint blinking of a cyclists light in the distant night drawing ever closer until we occupy the same space for the briefest of moments, then I'm alone and running again, repeat for the next 8 miles and an hour of bliss.

I've written several times about balance and the positive energy running fills me with. I was reminded tonight that balance needs to swing both ways, running brings balance to my life, but it too needs to be balanced and can't be allowed, just like all aspects of our lives, nothing can be allowed to create imbalance. Life is full of opportunities each and every day. Every day has the potential to be the greatest or worst of our lives, and everything g in between, it's entirely up to us decided where in that range each day falls.

Writing this blog with my wife falling asleep in my arms, after finishing a 8m run at sub 8min pace and feeling like I could keep running all night, I'd say that was pretty 'awesome'

No comments:

Post a Comment