Sunday, January 3, 2010

RUN 118 - Wimbledon Common, London

Back in London again, had a busy morning getting ready for the week ahead, and didn't get out to start today's run until the middle of the afternoon. I think like most runners at that point the thought crossed my mind that perhaps i would skip running today, it was late, going to be harder to run the route i wanted to, possibly les satisfying since it was getting dark, but i knew i'd feel a sense of calm and contentment after running, that i'd acheived todays goal, and if i didnt go, i'd have to live with the sense of 'failure' for the rest of the evening, so i ran. I'd planned to make my way over to Wimbledon Common, at which point i'd have a couple more miles to run before turning back. I'd imagined it to be a great photo opportunity too... but it was pitch black by the time i got there as you can see. Although i did learn today of an organisation which plans free timed running events in Parks across London (and the country) www.parkrun.org.uk which i'm really excited about and plan to work into my weekend runs. [11.57m - 01:40:25 - 08:40/m]

[A War Memorial at the edge of Wimbledon Common]

1 comment:

  1. I used to run the London Parks of a lunch time when I worked in Horseferry Rd. St James Park being on my doorstep but I would visit Green Park and Hyde Park. The idea of the free timed events looks a good one. There used to be similar events by the Bridges Westminster and LOndon not sure if they still do these though

    Like your photos

    ReplyDelete