Sunday, January 10, 2010

RUN 121 - Chelsea & Knightbridge; Gordon Ramsay & a helpful Kiwi

Had a really satisfying run today, i was annoyed the night before as i misplaced my London A-Z which is critical for me to figure out where the bloody hell im running sometimes, but i winged it and with the help of a lovely Kiwi lady was able to get back on track and over the Thames River into Chelsea to continue my run. Saw Gordon Ramsay (i think) coming out of Starbucks wearing shorts and wellies, and i ran up through Chelsea and into posh Knightsbridge past the fancy English shoe shop pictured below and up to Harrods. I was also testing out our digital camera recording my run which i'd hooked to my camel bak using an ipod case (realised later that the camera was still running while i was talking to the Kiwi girl... she didnt seem perturbed. Its easy to start stop the video and not think about it but with my running motion it swings left/right too much, also the battery ran out in 1.5hrs. I'm testing it now as my next Trail run in Portland (where all the stone for fancy old buildings in London came from) is in a couple of weeks. I felt a little tired approaching the 16th mile, running on some ice covered streets made he going a little difficult but im always up for a challenge, didn't slip once and i didn't even have trail shoes on. As it often does, my tiredness faded fast and completing another longish run fills me with confidence, im starting to think about what time/pace i might place in the next trail marathon, but i have to not do that and focus on the challenge, each of these races are very individual and i know that so long as im able to give my all i'll be happy with completing the challenge. Seems like a good mantra to live by! [16.24m - 02:29:26 - 09:29/m]

[Some fancy shoes in a fancy shop window]

No comments:

Post a Comment