Sunday, January 17, 2010

RUN 124 - The Crystal Palace

Took my run today towards Crystal Palace, football stadium, park and 2nd site of the Crystal Palace of the 1851 Great Exhibition in Hyde Park, London, relocated here it burnt down in 1936. 6 days until my trail marathon on the island of Portland near Weymouth. I feel confident about this race, my first trail marathon a month ago in The Gower, Wales was brutal, i think the footing will be better here, im still not placing any expectations on time. My strength feels good, although my stomach hasn't been 100% the last few days, it shouldn't be a problem tapering this week and should be fine by Saturday. I'm better prepared for this race, and know how i need to pace myself. Running teaches me the power of confidence and its ability to make the seemingly impossible possible. [8.59m - 01:12:13 - 08:24/m]

[2nd Site of The Crystal Palace 1854-1936]

No comments:

Post a Comment