Thursday, March 25, 2010

RUN 153 - Ravenscourt Park & Camel-Paks?

Spring is definitely here, no need for wind or water proof jackets anymore, its warm enough to run with a single layer finally, i feel lighter and faster. I've been running with my waist belt again in place of the camel pak which i've been using while racing in the coastal trail marathons, but I'm thinking i should switch back to the waist belt. I used to have problems keeping it stable on my hips, but that doesn't seem to be the case now, and i definitely feel lighter and faster without carrying the extra backpack. So I'm practicing rationing water and Shot-Bloks and plan on replenishing supplies in the race when my wife meets me. I'd like to pick up another half hour at least if possible on next months race, although, unlike road races, these coastal routes are not comparable at all and this next one in Cornwall has more elevation change than the last, but its good to have a goal, and a backup goal too! [3.74m - 29:21 - 07:50/m]

[Spring has sprung at Ravenscourt Park]

No comments:

Post a Comment