Wednesday, March 31, 2010

RUN 156 - Light is not only at the end of the tunnel

While i've always been a person who embraces change without fear, they challenge you to grow and discover who you are and what you can be. It is also important for me that i have constants in my daily life; my wife is the first, without her all else looses focus, she challenges me to, but supports me when i need it, even when she needs me too. The second is running. Its a constant completely within my own control, there's 100% payback, whatever i put in I get back directly to me, its a win win for me. When so much else in life slips through your fingers, or is simply out of reach, or presents itself to you not without a struggle; running makes me feel strong, powerful, confident. It helps me reach my core, to remind me of who I am, and what i am truly capable of, the resolve, determination, confidence, stubbornness that marathoning and trail running teaches me bubbles up to the surface with each step i take in a pair of running shoes. Unlike many addictions, it clears the mind and shows the way forward, and that's why i love it so much. [9.01m - 1:09:40 - 07:40/m]

[Light, not only at the end of the tunnel]

No comments:

Post a Comment