Tuesday, March 30, 2010

RUN 155 - An early morning run... too early for some?

Definitely could have done with a little more sleep today, i got up early to help my wife get ready to go off to Ireland for work; a trip she does every couple of weeks, so i saw her off and headed out for my run. The outward half felt slow and heavy, the coffee helped, running back felt much better, and was slightly faster. Even so i averaged 07:40/mi which is a minute faster than my average pace of 2009, but I didn't feel i was pushing hard, i think i'm going to signup for the Bristol Half Marathon in May, its a few weeks before my last Trail Marathon of the season on Exmoor and would be a good fast race shortly before my taper. Still struggling to get much more than a nod from 50% of my fellow runners i encounter... one really excitable hello from a Australian guy though, are Londoners really all that grumpy!? [5.98m - 45:55 - 07:40/m]

[Infinite variation in the banks of this great river]

No comments:

Post a Comment