Monday, June 22, 2009

RUN 16

It was about 90F when i ran at lunch time today, I've been running more shorter races and half marathons in the last year, and my pace has improved a lot. It's tough to retrain the mind and moderate my pace for easier running days, like today... while i felt strong i was a tough run for me in the heat. The thought of a post run swim was a massive motivator, i also use markers or timed sections of a run to break up the distance into smaller more manageable chunks, after 27 minutes and 3.5miles around today's course, i knew i had about 3 or 4 minutes left in my workout, i felt dehydrated and the heat was exhausting, but i focused on those 3 or 4 remaining minutes and maintaining my form through the distance... and it struck me how much can be lost or achieved in just 3 or 4 minutes... completing a tough run, making a new friend, helping someone in need, falling in love. So often in our daily lives we say "i just don't have time" what we mean is that we don't 'make' time... i guess what i thought as i completed that run was just how little time is needed to make a moment magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment