Friday, June 5, 2009

RUN 3




Got chased in the woods by a dog today!, brought back memories of similar encounters when i was a kid... i faired much better on this occasion. Felt tired today, but there’s something about the fear of disappointing myself that pushes me on, usually when i feel that way i run longer and more consistently, today was no different. Making it through a run is 50% physical and 50% mental, i suppose that’s one of the reasons i run, to challenge my perceptions of my physical ability, to do something i felt to be impossible before i started. That feeling gives me confidence, both in running and in the rest of my life, its a mental exercise as much as anything. Tuning out the pain and recalling the sense of accomplishment from memories of previous runs. Saw two dear and got lost in the bloody forest preserve again, thank god for GPS.

1 comment: