Saturday, June 6, 2009

RUN 4

Its a beautiful sunny warm morning, I'm glad i did my long run yesterday in the afternoon when it was slightly cooler. The summer runners have started to appear on the lake shore now, leaving their treadmills to venture out into the world. For me the treadmill is not running, its exercise, i don't mean that disparagingly what i mean is that running is about more than the motion and the cardiovascular benefits, i almost always stop 2 or 3 times during a run, not to take a break, but to soak in the environment i'm running in, and usually take a picture. Everyone has their own goals and reasons, and when i started running, all i thought about was getting through the run, maybe now that I'm more comfortable running I'm able to do both, but actually even when I'm pushing myself to my limits i know i take energy from the people and places around me. I wonder how many other runners think this way?

No comments:

Post a Comment