Wednesday, November 11, 2009

RUN 100 - Almondsbury, England

Being back in England and running i have many many places in my mental list to run. The little village of Almondsbury was one of them. he best part about it is the chance to finally do some serious hill training! From the A38 into Almondsbury there are a number of routes, on roads, pavements and through a wood on a gravelly track. I incorporated all of these into today's run and repeated and weaved my way through the village and up and down hills for about an hour. I forgot to change my Garmin, so i was running based on time alone, including the hills probably between 6 & 8 miles today, building up for Saturdays 20+ miler which I'm hoping to run across the Severn bridge and into Wales. With a church from 1140AD and a pub which became licensed in 1550, Almondsbury is certainly a typically quaint little English Village.

[St Mary the Virgin, built by Monks 1140AD]

No comments:

Post a Comment