Sunday, November 22, 2009

RUN 105 - Thornbury, England

Today was a difficult run, i just didn't feel strong and my stomach was causing some discomfort. While i always run light, careful to maintain a freeflowing natural form, the simple act of placing one foot in front of another over and over; for 16 miles in this case, churns you up inside sometimes. The terrain, destination and the knowledge that i will eventually make it with patience is always enough to keep me going. I headed towards Thornbury, England today, along the A38 road to Gloucester. Thornbury is a small village over a 1000 years old, with a Castle to prove it (which is now a Hotel) My pace was slower than usual, but im less concerned with pace and more endurance and stamina, which i think will serve me better in the upcomming Coastal Marathons around Great Britian. [16.12m - 02:25:04 - 09:00/m]

[Sunrise over an English farm yard]

No comments:

Post a Comment