Thursday, November 19, 2009

RUN 104 - Three Brooks nature reserve

There is a small nature reserve nearby called The Three Brooks Nature Reserve, which I've run through a few times already, but today i decided to explore a little more. The reserve centers around the Bradley, Patchway and Stoke brooks. I had an 8 mile run scheduled which would need me to cover the nature reserve several times, which was ideal to run without thinking, turning randomly through the forests, trails, up hill, over rivers and bridges. The terrain was perfect, and while i didn't feel particularly strong as the start, i felt really energised by the end, its amazing how some days the same distance can feel short and others long. I'm feeling strong and i know I'm running faster then more efficiently than i have before, my race in a little over two weeks is still a big challenge, especially as the next race is only about 6 weeks later. My trail training pace has been quite consistent, especially over my recent 21miler, but i still don't know exactly how the race will go, ill be happy to finish, and then think about improving in the next race. [8.18m - 01:11:09 - 08:41/mi]

[Three Brooks nature preserve]

No comments:

Post a Comment