Wednesday, November 4, 2009

RUN 96 - A38 & Rolls Royce

I had planned another rural country route for today's run, but i decided to just pick a road I knew i could run straight through for half the distance out and back. Its strange that Bristol, England is a more rural smaller city than Chicago, but living by Lake Michigan afforded me many quiet road free runs without any effort. Here where I'm living in Bristol currently the English Countryside is quite close but planning the routes needs a little more effort. Today i ran along a road called the A38, its a straight long road that runs entirely across the city, but the portion near me is dual carriageway for 3-4 miles, perfect for a 7 mile run! which i ran out and back. The route took me past Filton Airfield, and the old Rolls Royce factories which have recently been demolished and a new facility built. Long straight runs are an important part of my training, they give me an opportunity to really get my head down and run, without having to think about directions, i can focus entirely on my pace rhythm and form. [7:15m - 57:23 - 08:01/m]

[The site of what was the Rolls Royce factory]

No comments:

Post a Comment