Monday, November 30, 2009

RUN 107 - Tooting Bec Common, London

Only 5 days before my first Coastal Trail Marathon in The Gower, South Wales, I've been tapering off my training, missed this weekends last 'long run' but I'm not too worried about that, i've cut back my mileage in this way before and am always amazed how much benefit there is to be found in not running! The hard work has been done, my 21+ mile long run before the taper went great, simulating underfoot conditions as much as possible using the equipment ill be running with, i just need to take my time in the race and find my own pace, finishing in 4 hours would be nice, but I'm not sure what to expect of the terrain, so I'll be happy to complete this first race and then look towards the next one. Since moving back to the UK from Chicago my wife and i have done a lot of cross country traveling, away from our 'home base' which makes working in my running quite difficult, but gives me opportunities to explore many different parts of the country. Having a place to record these runs in this blog as they progress is really enjoyable. [4.93m - 39:42 - 08:03/m]

[Tooting Bec Common]

No comments:

Post a Comment