Saturday, November 7, 2009

RUN 97 - Duchess Estate & Purdown

I planned today's run out quite carefully, from home south and west through two villages towards the river Frome valley. We used to play and explore along the river all the time when my sister and I were kids; over the fields from my nans house and into Snuff Mills. That's where I planned to connect with and run along the river bank. It almost worked, not quite, I made it to the river 5 miles into the run, and followed it through mud trees rocks and thorns until I met a wall which I climbed over and tried to push through without luck, doubling back I weaved my way through over fields avoiding cows, cow pats and electric fences, again without luck. Eventually I connected with a road I knew and made it to the duchess estate which was my second goal to run some challenging terrain, which I definitely found. I made up a new route home and just came shirt of the 16m goal distance, although with all the navigation I needed to do there was an extra 1.5m which my Garmin recorded as rest time. This was a really challenging run, the like of which I haven't had a chance to run before in Chicago, I'm feeling like I'm really starting to prepare for the Coastal Series now. Leaving this morning was hard, I wanted to spend time with my wife who I hadn't seen for a couple of days, but she knows me well enough to tell me to go run, that's why I love her, having her there at the end to give her a sweaty kiss is always a strong motivator. [15.38m - 2:09:56 - 08:26/m]

[The Duchess Estate & Dower House beyond]

No comments:

Post a Comment