Monday, November 9, 2009

RUN 98 - River Thames, Essex

Sometimes not knowing where you're running makes for the most interesting and rewarding experiences. I've run in this area of Essex before, but not near the river; i know enough landmarks and pubs to get me back towards where i came from, which gives me enough confidence to just blindly run without thinking about a route. I started by following the river Thames for a mile or so which brought me to the Wharf pictured below, an easy interesting run past fishermen, dog walkers, through the riverside residential apartment buildings centered around the Wharf. Then I essentially ran north east uphill until reaching half distance, running back to the start again; out and back, is almost fool proof, today i got a little confused in the one way system, which added an additional half mile to my overall distance. Making it back to a familiar gives a small feeling like the end of a race when you know the finish line is approaching, you might not be able to see it yet, but you know its there and you've almost completed another successful run. [6.06m - 49:08 - 08:06/m]

[Grays Wharf, flood gates]

No comments:

Post a Comment